Help with Setting up RAID O with EVGA 680i

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallguy22

Solid State Member
Here's my setup:
I have a Western Digital 320 GB Hdd partitioned 3 ways to run windows, have programs, and media all in that order on the partitions. Then, I have 2 raptors that I want to RAID 0 that are different models. Each are the 74 GB drives, but one is 8 MB Cache and the other 16. THe 16 i just bought. First off, I'm hoping that isn't an issue with RAID.

But my main problem is knowing how to set up my BIOS to accept the RAID. WIndows already automatically found the Raid Controller. This EVGA 680i has it on the board. But the bios is confusing to me and the ports are wrong as listed in the manual.

here is where I'm getting confused on the Bios:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a283/crazed_rider/Computer001.jpg

What's jacked up about this mobo, is that the SATA ports aren't numbered right. I have 4 on the right hand side of the board, all together, and 2 facing right if you are looking into the case from the side opened panel. The 2 raptors are hooked in on what should be 3 and 4 and the Caviar in 1. Going from top port to bottom. Well, bios says the raptors are on channel 4 and 7????? 7???? I don't even have 7 ports. i have 6. SO that's why this bios page confuses me....and the fact that I don't have "primary" drives or whatever. I thought if the raptors are raid 0'ed, then they act as 1, so technically there is no Primary or Secondary. I don't think this refers to Primary and SLave. But whatever it is, I obviously don't know anything about it, and thus makes me look like a total DEEEE DEEEE DEEE!!!!

(Sorry if you got 2 pictures already. I hit attachment twice and have no idea if it sent because I hit preview and didn't see it.)

that list confused me also

they go in order from first to last. just ignore the primary/secondary stuff

they are listed 1-6 just remember which port you have your HD's on

i have my HD's on port 1 and 2..so i just enable the first 2.

Thanks guys, I forgot to post reply.
This worked, and I have it working like a charm.

Now to fine tune my overclocking on this board. BF2 keeps jacking up. But Madden and other games are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom