Help setting up Fans please. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Help setting up Fans please.

Hello there i bought this computer case from new egg http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage....144-025-06.JPG

All im wondering is i just bought 4 new computer fans and i have the 2 that came with it. I want to know for the back fans do i have the Air blowing out or in. And the side and top samething aswell for the 2 bottom front ones can someone please respond ty. My current setup is Back blowing out top blowing side out two front in. And my case is at a sad 80F but it doesnt come with a good temp thing =\

Old 09-29-2004, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

ok have the two in the front as intake (blowing in).. then have the two in the read as exhaust (blowing out).. then put the one on the side as intake (it'll help cool the vga card and the cpu) and the one on the top as exhaust (basic principle... hot air rises... so the top of the case is always the one place where all the hot air conguragtes)... thats the best setting in my eyes that you can have for that case

Old 09-29-2004, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

"conguragtes"... great vocab silv3r =)

I agree with him and welcome to TF sl1pkn0t!
Old 09-29-2004, 02:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yeah ty dude its working decently my box says its 83F but im runnning MBM and it says 47C cpu and 37C box so i guess thats good or ? Well what do you guys run at =p
Old 09-29-2004, 02:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

the 37 isn't your box.. there's no sensors on the mobo that could give off a reading for a case temp, but if your temp display on your case shows 83F, that's a bad *** temp to have..mine usually doesn't go below 92F, so good work bud =)
Old 09-29-2004, 03:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Demalii
"conguragtes"... great vocab silv3r =)
wow i didnt know everyone at these forums jump down ur throat cuz of a few spellin and vocab errors lol

EDIT: I had a vocab error in that post but i took care of it.. happy?
Old 09-29-2004, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

ohh.. i didn't even notice, was just telling ya good job on the vocab usage, w00t! edumacation

Closed Thread