Help required: Overclocking a Intel Q6600 (g0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trip121

Beta member
Hey all,

I was just seeing if I could get a little advice with overclocking the g0 stepping Q6600.

My system specs are:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4L
CPU: Intel Q6600 g0 @ 2.40ghz
RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 PC-6400
Graphics: Nvidia 8800GT 512mb
HDD: 500gb sata2 + some random amount in IDE which really dont matter
CPU Cooling: Arctic Cooling Pro Freezer 7

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Welcome to the forums !
Basically start upping your FSB and test it out (stress it) every time you up it to check stability and make sure your ram is running at 1:1 with the FSB. If its unstable up the voltage by one notch , and re-check. Make sure load temps don't exceed 71c.

Good Luck !

Make sure you increment the FSB in small doses. To get the hang of it try 5-10Mhz increases, stress test it, and if its stable continue. I know the q6600 can reach 3.2-3.6 but if you are just starting out, go very small.

thats brilliant cheers for your help so far, will go and try out those suggestions.

I got way too confused with other places guides to oc-ing!

I was impressed when i was looking around my mobos settings. everything i need for fsb etc is in one section seperated from all the rest of the rubbish :D

Hmm, didn't know gigabyte made an SLI mobo. The main thing to watch on the q6600 is the temps. I have had mine as high as 4ghz but i have the best possible air cooler on the market and have lapped both it and the chip for better contact. You should be able to get 3.0-3.1 without changing the voltage.

Yeah , same thing with voltage on C2D i'm running 3.21 on stock voltage and you have the less consuming power revision of your CPU , so you should be set. What are your temps ?

Man, this whole quit drinking thing is making me lose my mind. I have been half zombie all week. Cant sleep for crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom