(help)Ready to OC my graphics card!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
Ok guys...I think I'm ready.

Graphics Card (PCI): Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model64 with 16MB-SDR-RAM
Both memory and GPU running @ 110MHz
GPU only has a small heatsink and the memory does not have cooling.

I have RivaTuner and I already rebootet my comp to let RivaTuner detect everything.

A few question before I start:

-Is there any difference between the 'test' an 'Apply' button?
-The blue zones mean its relatively safe, right?
-Should I select "Restore clock frquencies after suspended mode"?
-What should I OC first? Memory or RAM? Or do I have to slide them both like a few MHz up and click 'Apply' or 'Test'?

I'm a real newbie to OC'ing.....

Thanks in advance!!!!

That's awesome that you're getting into overclocking.. yet sadly, the card you're doing it one will not perform any better from the users POV... You may score another couple hundred points on 3DK01 but you're not going to gain anything from this... Mind you.. your whole system could use an upgrade.. but if you're just doing this for fun and to see if you can do it, then cheers =)
Just don't blow anything up hehe

yeah..it's just for fun :D:D:D:D:):):):D:D...I noticed it doesn't make much difference on my system, cause my CPU etc etc are to sloooowwwww

TM

I had an old 66mhz and i was wondering if it would at all be possible to overclock something that old? Maybe all the way up to 75mhz. haha.

maybe..my mobo should have a jumper to adjust the FSB..I will take out my mobo in a few minutes to look for it....cannot find it so far....maybe these are the last words my comp posts..lol?

see you guys (hopefuly)

i'm back and my comp still works,i found the jumper hiddem behind my ide-cables but i didn't oc the fsb because it raises my pci clock, too.

is that dangerous? and whats the name of the option in the bios to lock the pci clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom