help with reaching 4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really have $800 for a water cooling system, whats the cheapest cooling system which is still effective?

I did at first try to fix the problem by putting more fans in, I put 4 extra fans in and at best that cooled it by a measly 2 degrees. so I took them out. Im gonna try and figure out something to do with the air flow to try and cool it down. Or Perhaps a giant heat sink I saw somewhere

dont overclock with fna cooling thats bad fan barley cools it off get a water cooling kit and then oc it im gona get my first water cooling kit next month ima get the thermaltake big water cooling kit and oc my 3.2 ghz to 3.6 =)

dont overclock with fna cooling thats bad fan barley cools it off
Not true. My air cooling kit got a couple degrees lower than this bigwater kit on full load. The idle is lower though, but the OC remains the same.

I almost got to 4.0 with my processor. i got to 3.98ghz. I dont think that it is worth it to overclock that far, way too much heat

yo i got that same processor oced to 3.5 and runs good no need for water cooling just 3 80mm and its at 25c

Possible reasons include an improperly seated heatsink, it may have become dislodged due to physical shock. Also when the computer was built thermal paste may not have been applied, or incorrectly applied. It may well be worth removing the heatsink and re-applying thermal paste. Lastly, I can only think that your motherboard is reading the temperature incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom