Help with RAM Timings Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitersety

Daemon Poster
Okay I have to admit, when it comes to RAM timings I am somewhat of a noob. I know that 4-4-4-12 and 5-5-5-15 are good, but I've been overclocking my system and I noticed that while my RAM (Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800) is supposed to have 4-4-4-12 timings, according to CPU-Z, this is what I am really getting:
cpuzscrnshot.jpg

What should I do to get them back down to 4-4-4-12 or even 5-5-5-15 for that matter? Are the current timings anything to worry about considering the frequency (1050 MHz)? I'm pretty sure I have it set to auto in my bios because I didn't want to mess with those at first.

You'll have to manually set them. When you get into the BIOS, right away pres Crtl+F1. Doing this will expand more memory options. Go to MIT, and set the timings option to manual and set them to 5-5-5-15. You can try them at 4-4-4-12, but I doubt it will boot.

Well I tried to manually set it to 5-5-5-15... no luck, bios completely reset itself for everything, so I had to re-overclock my 6600 and this time set the RAM:CPU ratio to auto instead of the 3.33:1 which I had it at before for my 1050 MHz. That seems to have helped, the timings are now at 5-6-6-22 with a freq. iof 945 MHz. I guess I'm getting closer. Any ideas on why my bios reset itself like that?

It just couldn't boot at the settings you had it at, so it reset itself. Happens to me a lot. You can try giving the RAM more voltage as well, and that might let you tighten the timings a little.

i wouldnt go over maybe 2.3-2.4v for your ram for everyday kinda use

and at 1050mhz.. on ballistix.. don't quote me.. but i think you should be able to get about w/ 5-5-5-15 pretty easy at 2.3v.. considering i did 1000 some mhz on it w/ my ocz titanium.. as for the command rate.. i had to use 2t.. i dunno if you could get away w/ 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom