help plz need to overclock my cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even so, overclocking that cpu isn't really going to help you much. Your main worry will probably be a video card.

Yea and seeing as it's a mobo with AGP a good video card will be hard to find and more expensive than a comparable PCI-E one.

You can do a full new build for under $400 or just buy an XBOX 360...

I have a Geforce 5500 3D fuzion 256Mb. problem is the game still gets glitchy when i play. the gpu is already oc'd my system has 512 mb ram i am running XP and the card is well ventilated

Your system is ancient, no offense. I'm sorry to say but I think you're out of luck. You're just going to have to save up to buy a new rig if you want to play that, or any modern game.

since my last post was deleted due to an moderator i will just repost the messagwe in its entirety i dont care what you guys think about my current system i dont care if you think i need to upgrade I JUST WANT TO OVERCLOCK MY CPU. If you can help me do that then you are welcome to post here if all you are going to do is spew garbage about unnecessary upgrades leave now and forever hold your peace.

Firstly, don't be an a-hole, we are trying to help you...

Honestly, you can't do much... A P4 is probably one of the biggest fails ever created by Intel or in the whole world tbh..

Your CPU is a Pentium 4 1.7ghz.. I tried running it on my older rig (P4 @ 1.6Ghz with a Radeon 9200) and could only run SA on Low @ 640x480..

And that CPU doesn't have much overclocking room... maybe a few more 100mhz because it runs really hot and is a power sucker... and you could only OC if you have a non-prebuilt rig..

Firstly, don't be an a-hole, we are trying to help you...

Honestly, you can't do much... A P4 is probably one of the biggest fails ever created by Intel or in the whole world tbh..

Your CPU is a Pentium 4 1.7ghz.. I tried running it on my older rig (P4 @ 1.6Ghz with a Radeon 9200) and could only run SA on Low @ 640x480..

And that CPU doesn't have much overclocking room... maybe a few more 100mhz because it runs really hot and is a power sucker... and you could only OC if you have a non-prebuilt rig..

not triyng to be a-hole just ****ed that i cant get some decent asdvice on how to oc my cpu. and as to sa i can run it in all forms but ist has the same hang ups and glichtes in all of them and its not just because of gta that i want to oc. i heard that i could get this proc upto 2.3GHz on 2-3 other tech sites but i didnt know that i couldnt do it on a pre built rig i still think that there should bee a way around this. Does anyone know any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom