HELP ... Please!!!`

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan1981

Baseband Member
Lord...its been a month since i ordered my parts and now that I have everything I cannot get this damn thing to work, for 2g's it better friggin work soon.

i formatted both seagate harddrives...

C: and D:

I installed windows 98 because i only have the XP upgrade...and i can only boot in safe mode and the computer freezes if i go to normal mode...the usb ports don't work as they won't read my USB mouse, but my keyboard works...all the fans and lights come on??? HELP! i cannot access windows xp cd or anyting to upgrade...i even tried goin to the bios to do optimize load defaults and that didn't work...i even cleared the cmos by putting the jumper on different channels

I have ABit AA8 Duramax
P4 650 3.4 ghz em64t processor
ati 800xl 256mb video card
pgi 2x512mb DDR2 memory
Seagate 200gb HD (two of them)
Enermax 460W powersupply

I cannot figure out what to do?!?!?!? Help? :( :(

any idea??? i have the master jumper on the DVD writer and the slave jumper on the DVD reader and it reads that on the bios, now it sometimes won't read the SATA hard drives or reads it but says its missing something like ndtlr or some crap...god i hate this, directions and manuals are pathetic....no one has any idea?

I have had that NDTLR problem. Thats a file that loads up windows. Your going to need to install windows over, or perform a recovery. Windows Recovery is not all that easy. It usually go's by file names and such. I suggest DL a Windows XP, then getting a stolen cd key. Thats what i did.

I would def dump 98 - get on pricewatch.com and get yourself a windows xp code (costs like $45)....not worth all the hastle of trying to get a stolen key to activate.

Just as a warning, many of the codes on pricewatch advertise as windows xp pro codes but are actually windows xp home codes. I'd recommend that you just get a windows xp home code and install windows xp home - after u upgrade to sp2 the differences barely exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom