Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLobes

Baseband Member
Arite, well, i just finished my first major case mod. I took my Small Form Factor barebones PC and moved it into a G4 case (which looks pretty sick) but is quite tempermental. Whenever i boot it, it does its normal thing, i get into windows, it starts loading stuff, i can move the mouse n everything then POOF, it all goes away! the only thing I can think of is that it is rapidly overheating, but i doubt it becaus i still have the bottom half (it was bumping up against the power supply) of the old heatsink on there (fan is gone too). Would this make this drastic of a difference, turning a once stable machine into one that is unusable? I have searched my bios for a way to change the auto-shutdown temp, but I cant find it (the fact that i only have about 40 seconds to search for it doesn't help)

JLobes, wait your computer has no Heatsink and CPU Fan??? Sorry i cant fully understand you... i think its me i just took alot of pills, but i cant seem to understand that heatsink part...

No no no, it has a heat sink, just, i hacked a corner out of it so it would fit in the weirdly hinging G4 case. The other thing i could think of is RAM. is there any way short of sticking it in someone else's comp to check if i have bad ram?

If it was RAM, then your computer wouldent start at all. RAM either works or it does'ent. I cant believe you took part of your heatsink off.

Thanks for your help guys, appreciate the feedback, (though its seeming more and more like a problem that will be solved by throwing money at it...)and ill post again to tell u what was up with it.

yeah, its gotta be your cpu overheating... so did you say your heatsink didn't have a fan on it? that would explain everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom