Help overclocking 5000+ BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

hickfarm

In Runtime
Anyways i just bought the AMD 5000+ BE and I have heard it is extremely easy to overclock.

Well my setup is in my siggy. Well actually i got this OCZ ram instead of that patriot ram now.
Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Also this is my mobo for reference.
Newegg.com - DFI INFINITY NF ULTRAII-M2 AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
I just read a comment on Newegg saying it doesn't work with Brisbane CPU's. IDK if there is any truth to that because it seems to be working fine.

The zalman 9700 is doing well cooling it.

Anyways i have upped the multiplier to 14.5 and my cpu is running at 2.9 from the stock 2.6. I set my vcore to 1.4. I am running orthos right now to test it out.

I would like to push it higher, but when i raise the multi to 15 it posts, but fails while booting into windows. Dare i push the vcore any higher? Would raising it allow the CPU to become stable? I read somewhere the highest on air to push it would be 1.5. Is that to high? Or as long as the chip stays cool will that be alright?

I would at least like to get it stable at 3.0, but i wouldn't mind going higher.

You need alittle more vcore. It shouldn't take alot to stabilize since your only pushing it another 100mhz. A cpuz screenshot would help too

I'm no expert but you should be able to hit 3.0 no sweat, I hit 3.26 before I had to stop and nagasama is at 3.3 i believe.

Have you tried a lower multiplier and upping your clocks? Also, did you drop your RAM to make sure that's not limiting your OC?

This chip is a no brainer to oc, every chip can hit 3ghz no problem, even on cheap boards.

You dont need vcore set to 1.4, thats too high.

You can do 3ghz at stock on some boards, and barely any voltage increase on others.

Well i have been at a party tongiht so i haven't done anything yet. But earler i set my multi to 15 i believe to hit 3000 at 200x15. And i wouldn't boot even with vcore at 1.4.

he's only upping the multiplier so its not touching the ram
incorrect. changing the multiplier will change the ram frequency/divider as well, though not by much in this case.
with the stock multi of 13: 13 x 200 = 2.6/7 = 371 (stock speeds), but with a 15 multi: 15 x 200 = 3000/8 = 375 : the multiplier usually affects the ram speed with amd rigs. and you dont set the divider. the multiplier and selected ram speed (400, 533, 667, 800) determine the ram frequency/divider.
hick,
you need to drop your ram to ddr2 667.
thats may be what is holding you back. it will at least take it out of the eqation.
you may also have a mobo that doesnt like high htt link speeds. mine does, but yours may not. try lowering the ht multi to 3 or 4. if one or both of those together dont work, you have other problems post back.
i can run 3.2-3.3 at 1.35-1.375
you shouldn't need 1.4V.

Well my pc was running stable at 3.0 ghz when i set ram to 677 and HTT to 4 and multi to 15.

Then i tried moving multi to 15.5 and it wouldn't boot windows. I tried lowering HTT to 3 and that didn't help either. For the heck of it i moved the ram back up to 800 the next time and that didn't work either. So IDK how to get it any higher. Here is a screenshot to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom