Help in overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

matjesi

Beta member
Hi, I'm new to this forum.. I bought a new comp, and I would like to ask some advice on overclocking. =) It's my first time doing it, and I would really need your help.. I would like my cpu to be overclocked at 3.2-3.6 Ghz.. =)
I really, really, really need help in Overclocking my processor.

Here's my comp specs:

processor: intel e6750 @ 2.66
motherboard: p5n-e 650 sli
memory: 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express
cooler: CoolerMaster Liquid CPU Cooling System
case: CoolerMaster Stacker Tower 420W Case W/ Mod Side-Panel

I bought it at cyberpower and here's what my computer looks like: Gamer Infinity 8800 Pro

So, do I just have to change the FSB of my cpu to run it at 3.2-3.6 Ghz. Or do I also to change the vcore, voffsett, vNB and other things?? Sorry for my noob questions..

Any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance.. sorry if my english is bad :D

If you are brand new to overclocking I suggest you go through the Intel Overclocking Thread linked in my signature, there are overclocking guides linked in that thread.

So did you get around to reading everything posted?

yeah, I read already it.. and I'm starting now.. But some guy told me I should get another additional chipset cooling before I perform any overclocking.. =(

But I only overclocked it to 2.8 for now and it's working perfectly =)

You don't have to get a new heatsink for the chipsets, just rig a fan on them.

But if you want to go all out, then yes, you can replace the paste and heatsinks on the chipsets, but most people don't do that unless they are hitting front side buses well over 1.6 Ghz..

The BIOS may be locked. In that case, you will not be able to overclock.

nah Cyberpower doesn't modify the BIOS, they just build it, charge you $500-800 more than its worth and send it to you

You have a water Cooling system, but I don't know if that one is a good though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom