Help With An Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
Trying to overclock an E2140 with some A-Data Memory.

If I set the FSB to say 325 I get 2.6GHz because of a max multiplier of 8 and my RAM is at 899MHz compared to the original 800MHz with a RAM Multiplier of 2.66. That's the easy part.

But about the voltages. I set the voltages to auto and everything works fine, a little hot, but fine. I should be able to set everything at stock voltages as the components are reported to being able to handle it, but the BIOS wont post. If I increase my RAM voltages it still won't post :confused:

I obviously need to do something about the voltages, but what? How do I find out what to use for the settings?

RAM: Newegg.com - A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
MOBO: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-G31M-S2L LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Try 1.325v for 2.6ghz and if it is stable you can gradually decrease the voltage until you find the lowest it is stable at.

Also I recommend going to a lower ram multiplier until you determine if your cpu is stable. It's not necessary but its easier if you don't have to worry about you ram being stable while you are testing your cpu.

Alright thanks, I'll try that. I wish I could lower the ram multiplier but that's as low as my mobo can take it :(

yeah, up th voltage to 1.3-1.375.

You will also want to (well i would) to up the voltage on the ram to 2.1-2.2 and tighten the timmings to 4.4.4.12

CPU voltage up to ~1.35V, maybe add a bit to the Northbridge voltage as well... also make sure you're running your RAM at the right voltage as well (you can find it on the sticker on the side of your RAM)... you might also want to loosen the tRFC to around 44 cycles and change the command rate to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom