Help with OCing my Q6600 g0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaefong

In Runtime
So im trying to OC my q6600 to 3.2ghz can anyone recommend what voltage i should jump it up 2 i tried to oc at 2.8ghz on stock voltages but failed.

i'd start at 1.4-1.45 and see how hot it gets and how high it will go on that. then work your way down to a comfortable level. kind of backwards from the mainstream school of overclocking, but it has always worked better for me. start high, end low. kind of like some of my younger days in the bar lol.

yes, just put your voltage to 1.4-1.45 and when you reach your desired overclock, go down slowly with the voltage until your happy, i wouldnt run 1.45 daily through a chip so.

put 1.4v-1.45v in the chip with the desired overclock, say 3.4ghz, if its stable, take the voltage down a bit more, and if thats voltage carry on taking the voltage down..

You should be able to do 3.2 with less than 1.4v I run at 3.6 with 1.4v. You might need to up your PLL voltage also.

Hmm so what should I up the ppl voltage 2 and ima start OCing once my vista OS arrives but I will take a screenshot of my bios setting for u guys hopefully I can get it to 3.2ghz stable I would be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom