Help OCing my p4 3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Okay, so after OCing my GPU I now want to OC my CPU, a P4 3.4. What are some things I have to be careful about? Does anyone know what the multiplier is on the FSB? Also, what about OCing the memory, is that important? How do I do it? Thanks.

grrr....why does no one ever read the damn thing....start with the sticky at the top of this thread "BASICS OF OVERCLOCKING" pretty much answers those question

The multiplier on yours is 17 (200MHz x 17 = 3400MHz). Because your multiplier is locked, the only way to OC your CPU clock speed is by increasing your FSB speed. If you increase your FSB to 210 for example, your RAM will have to be able to run at that speed.

Read the OCing tips at the top of this forum :D

Well, I did read it, just wanted to get more specifics. So, the ram will automatically adjust to the FSB?

do you have a socket 478 3.4 or a socket t "550" 3.4?

if you have the socket T you can change the multiplier between 17 and 14. most people lower the multipliers and jack up the fsb.

if you have the socket T you can change the multiplier between 17 and 14. most people lower the multipliers and jack up the fsb.
I am not sure ALL mobos support that, but if your does, it is a great feature. That is what I do. Multiplier at 14 and 266 fsb for 3.7GHz CPU, 1066 total bus speed and memory at 1:1. That is a big boost for the system, even though the CPU increase isn't all that much, bus speed and memory bandwidth really increase.

Woot6600GT, LGA 775's run pretty hot. So make sure your not on stock cooling. Another thing, make sure you have good RAM. Because once you start OC your cpu, your RAM will OC also. The better the RAM, the more you can OC.

I would learn more about OC before you start. Because i can see you corrupting windows yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom