Help OC my Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure your RAM voltage is up where it's supposed to be also. For example, my RAM is 2.2v stable but my mobo defaults at 1.8v. Also, your RAM timings seem loose at 6-6-6-18. After you think your system is stable, you can maybe tighten them to 5-5-5-15. That's what I'm running, and my e6600 is 3.6ghz.

This might not have anything to do with your RAM however. Your vcore might be too low if you can't run Crysis but a few minutes. So if your temps are good, you have some headroom to up the vcore.

Ok, thanks a lot man! What is your voltage at on your board? I want a general idea of where my voltage should be close to. Is there a voltage that is so high it nears a danger point for hurting your PC?

You have a quad-core, which is basically two of my CPUs slapped together, so it's going to be more power-hungry. But I'll post my voltages when I reboot.

Ok, thanks man. I have a 650watt PSU, so I definitely have enough power. I just gotta figure out what voltage work best...

Here's every useful bit of info I have. The first thing I can tell you is make sure that your CPU throttling is off. CPU throttling reduces the power and speed of your cpu while its idling by turning down the multiplier. This can cause problems for overclockers, and the power savings are minimal anyway. Your mobo should have similar BIOS to me, so go into your settings and Disable the following:

CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)
CPU Thermal Monitor
CPU EIST

Here are my settings:

DDR2 Overvoltage: +.4v (my mobo defaults at 1.8v, but my RAM needs 2.2v.)
FSB: +.2v
(G) MCH: +.2v
CPU: 1.44375
Multi: 9x
FSB: 400mhz (this puts you at 3.6ghz)
PCI: 100mhz
Memory Multiplier: 2x (this puts your ram at 800mhz. for some reason if i allow my ram to clock higher, my system wont post. If your ram is going higher when you OC, then maybe this is a problem)

Again, I will be surprised if your q6600 will be stable with my cpu voltage number. But you might be ok with everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom