Help OC Crucial DDR PC2-6400

Status
Not open for further replies.

blucube

In Runtime
I've looked about on the forums and online, and they say press Ctrl+F1 to expand the memory options, but what if this doesn't work?

I've updated bios and it does give me some options, but I can't manually control the mhz put into it, just change the multiplier as far as I've seen... things tagged with (PSD)... I know I can select a few of the timing options, but I'm not sure which ones are which...

Any pointers on the process?

It works man. As soon as you get into the BIOS, pres Crtl+F1...don't do anything else. Just do that first, then go to MIT...you should see the RAM timing options.

The MHz is directly related to the CPU FSB, as I stated in your other thread. The SPD (memory multiplier) will allow you to change the ratio. For example, setting that option to 2 is the 1:1, while setting it to 2.66 will result in a 8:6 ratio.

Set the timings to manual, and set them to the numbers specified on your RAM. Either 4-4-4-12 or 5-5-5-15 most likely. Leave those other options set to Auto or the default (the number in the left column there is the default).

I'll give you the same piece of advice I gave you in your other thread...Set the memory multiplier to 2, and finish the CPU OC work first, then play with the RAM.

i set mine to 5-5-5-15-2T. and the rest on Auto....i set my MHz to 1000. but others are running higher. i cant for some reason. but then again my RAM is unlinked from FSB

i set mine to 5-5-5-15-2T. and the rest on Auto....i set my MHz to 1000. but others are running higher. i cant for some reason. but then again my RAM is unlinked from FSB

What's the T thing? I've seen a few people mention it, but I don't know what it is, what it does/means, or how to change it.

heres what I have so far...

Q6600 356x9 1.36v

ram, 5-5-5-15 (even though it shows me 5-5-5-18 as default in bios)

though I have the SPD set at 3.20, and .2v...

Is this where I wanna be?

----EDIT

Okay, I actually stepped my SPD back down to "auto" (which I think is the equivelant of 3.0)... at auto my frequencies are showing 800/1068... as does 3.0
Why I took it back from 3.20 which was something like 800/1138 was because even though it booted, it appeared to take my CPU back down to 2.4ghz opposed to 3.2ghz

heres what I have so far...

Q6600 356x9 1.36v

ram, 5-5-5-15 (even though it shows me 5-5-5-18 as default in bios)

though I have the SPD set at 3.30, and .2v...

Is this where I wanna be?

I don't know...are you satisfied with your overclock, or do you want to go farther? 3.2 is pretty good, and I don't know what your temps are at, but if they are good, you could still take it further if you wanted too. You can manually set it to 15 as well if you would like.

So your saying the BIOS reset itself? That's because it can't boot at whatever settings you had it at.

well, bios says one thing... and it's booting at another...

bios claims the cpu should be at 3.2

but upon boot everything else now, including 3dmark, is saying it's at 2.4 opposed to 3.2... even working backwards hasn't resolved it just yet

Does your computer start up, but then turn off right away, then turn back on?

If so, it's resetting itself because something is set to high, or timings are too tight, or something is causing it to be unstable.

Thats weird...try setting it to a really low overclock (like 2.5 or something) and see if it boots up right. If it boots up fine with a lower overclock, then the BIOS is getting reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom