help with OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrandomhero

Solid State Member
so my motherboard came with software to overclock, and it has an auto feature on the OC software and it got my amd phenom II 940 up to 3.6 GHz and when i run games it freezes up and the screen goes blank, but when i CTRL+ALT+DEL it the task manager comes up and i click on the game and it comes back up and runs for a while longer. could this be my OC being unstable or the software or something else?

it runs fine most of the other times but sometimes i get BSODs

any idea what problem i could be having?

well if you have properly stress tested the OC it shouldn't have a problem in a game... you can't just set a clock and assume it is stable, you have to test it with certain applications (ie. prime 95, intel burn, etc)... keep an eye on temps, possible the processor is overheating in the game... cooling off, and overheating again.. thus your problem...

well if you have properly stress tested the OC it shouldn't have a problem in a game... you can't just set a clock and assume it is stable, you have to test it with certain applications (ie. prime 95, intel burn, etc)... keep an eye on temps, possible the processor is overheating in the game... cooling off, and overheating again.. thus your problem...

well it does it automatically, it slowly raises the clock speed, tests it and keeps doing that until it becomes unstable, and then i reset my computer and it sets me back at the most stable highest speed it recorded

OC your CPU with the BIOS and not software. Software OC's aren't known to be the most stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom