Help a noob overclock a E6600 and a DS3 please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello my computer is in my sig. I dont have an after market cooler on my CPU or GPU. Ive heard that you can get the E6600 to 3.0 with the stock cooler but I dont know how to do any of this. The CPU does have Artic Silver 5 on it though.

I think I updated my BIOS correctly to F10 but im not sure how to check to see if it worked or not. I cant see anything that tells me what version of BIOS I have.

I am a newb can someone please walk me though this please.

hrmmm e6600 and ds3 can do wonders, i've taken mine to i think 3.99 and was able to run super pi... then got the blue screen of death..... if i had better ram i'd hit higher.. but until then, i'm balls out... lol

nosboost, what are you turning out on 3dmark06 with that comp? Good call on 3.9 thats some quality tweaking! I got my 6600 to 3.6 perfectly stable but cause its on 24/7 i keep it clocked at 3.4. Suits me fine

well anyways, It depends on what ds3 yu got. I had the 965G It didnt oc very well at all. I read many in many places that the 965P is much much better for oc'n. I switched to ASUS and found it much better then my ds3, then again i had a crap *** ds3. Hopefully you have better luck, abd BTW dont use easy tune5, its pretty much retarded.

Sorry its been hectic latly.

I have the P-DS3.

I have no clue what my temps are at but im pretty sure my CPU was at about 40 last I checked.

By the way I have stock cooling for everything.

i hit 10,951 in 3dmark06
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=1115285

06-10000.jpg

Ok I found out my Computer temps.

The system temp is 25-27C

My CPU goes from 32-37C but stays at 35C mostly

My two exhaust fans are on High and my two intact fans are set to medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom