help with my electrical circuits setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmusapt

Beta member
Hi I hope some in here can help me:)

Right now is my computer on the floor which makes it difficult to vacuum around it.

Therfore i have been started making a stand for the computer with wheels under. However, there is a problem now where I need mod my accessory: P

I've tried to paint my setup. The blue dots are diodes, and the long purple squares is cold cathodes:)
kontakt is Danish and means switch or power button.

It all runs through Molex 4-pin

I do not know if the dimmers will work. because its normally 230V and i only have it because i got some electrical goods back from upgrading my room :)

The Dimmer is this one:
Kennig Touch lysdæmper f elektronisk trafo hvid

The switch is this one:
Caseking.de » Modding » Gehäuse-Modding » Schalter & Taster » Lamptron Vandalismustaster 16mm - Blackline - blue » Bewertungen

The setup:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/774/setupm.png

Do you think the setup will work?

Hope people will give some rice and praise, since I'm just a beginner :D

/Rrasmusapt

PS. sorry for my bad english :)

By diodes you mean LED's right? LED's are light emitting diodes, regular diodes don't make light.

If you do mean LED's, you can't run them off of 12 volts directly. I would run the LED's off of the 5 volt line (red line) and even then you have to include a resistor in series (a 150-250 ohm is good for most LED's) unless your LED's are some sort of pre-packaged LED module, in which case give it whatever it is designed for.

Also, I wouldn't recommend dimming pre-made modules. A lot of modules (that have an integrated power controller or something as opposed to just a plain LED) require a certain voltage for the regulator or controller to function.

If you did want to make dimmable LED's, I would personally recommend building a controller based around a microcontroller. It's more advanced but you can control it using a program on your PC. I'm making a fan controller that has dimmable RGB (red-green-blue) LED's, meaning it can change color. The total cost for parts is probably around $10-15 USD including the fan and LED's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom