Help me reach 3.6 GHz with my Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
with the G0 revision, you might be able to get 4GHz 24/7, but the temps would be pretty scary (im talking around 75C loaded, 50+ idle) because you'll need around 1.47V to get that stable, and your temperature increases quadratically due to increases in voltage and in a linear fashion for frequency increases... so 4GHz will really be pushing it..

its something i certainly wouldn't do without at least water cooling... i'd probably even want that chilled

with the G0 revision, you might be able to get 4GHz 24/7, but the temps would be pretty scary (im talking around 75C loaded, 50+ idle) because you'll need around 1.47V to get that stable, and your temperature increases quadratically due to increases in voltage and in a linear fashion for frequency increases... so 4GHz will really be pushing it..

its something i certainly wouldn't do without at least water cooling... i'd probably even want that chilled

Heh, 4ghz stable takes around 1.6v (ask me how i know) But i can run it with load temps only hitting 69C.

dohh... that shoulda read 1.57V (really might be more with his VID tho)... you can run it loaded at that kinda low temp (mind you its really not low enough to be comfortable) cuz you've got water...

either way 4GHz isnt something you're gonna wanna be running 24/7 unless you've got phase or a good chiller

Well I guess 4.0 GHz is too much to ask for but what do you think about 3.8? Heres 3.6GHz SuperPi 32m prime 95 12 hours stable

you can do 3.8... you've just gotta give it a try and see what kinda temps you get... if its comfortable and stable then stick with it... you can always lap your cooler and the CPU itself to try to get your temps down a bit... you can usually get around 3-6C just for the CPU

I tried 3.8 but everytime I try to do prime95 blend 4 torture tests i get BSOD right away... Any suggestions?

because its unstable, why else would it happen? You should post cpuz screenshots. Just open it more than once so we can see where your memory is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom