Help me reach 3.6 GHz with my Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscin

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a Q6600 which is already overclocked at 3.2(400x8). My VID is 1.224. I am running 400x8 at 1.29 volts stable temps are 31C idle 38C Full Load. When I try to increase my multipler to 9 so I can reach 3.6 GHz, I raise my vcore to like around 1.3 but my computer would like to the Vista loading screen then restart or blue screen. My Ram is Newegg.com - OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory at 2.1 volts and timings are 5-4-4-15. I have the AC Freezer 7 Heatsink. Can someone please help me reach 3.6 GHz, Thank you.

So I got to 3.6(9x400) at 1.38v running idle 39C and full load 52C. Again I have the AC Freezer 7. How far can i push my cpu like the highest temp and highest vcore that is safe. I am looking to hit 4.0GHz. the 3.6 GHz is a stable O.C

i wouldnt wanna let the temps go to far past 65C... the Tjmax is 100C i believe, but you really wouldnt wanna push it that far. you can push the vcore as high as you want if you've got good enough cooling, but on air i wouldn't wanna go beyond 1.5V or so... but thats assuming you've got your temps still acceptable at that voltage, which i really doubt they would be with your VID

nice one waiting just over 30 minutes to bumb... ive seen a few hours maybe 1 hour here and there but never as low as 30 minutes, people are not payed to answer your questions here so give it a day or 2 before you bump your post please

also pretty much no1 that i know have has ever achived a 24/7 4.0ghz on a q6600

also ur voltage seems pretty low for a 3.6 stable what stress testing program did u use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom