Help me raise my 3dmark score....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
I got around 3900-4000 in 3dmark last time I did it with my x800xl. Thats not right, I should be getting 5k+ according to other benchmarks with this card. I got the score I posted after switching it to the top pci-e slot in my mobo. Before it was around 3800 in the bottom slot, but putting it in the top one didn't help much. I tried closing the cat driver in the tray and it looked like the performance had gone up but I have not yet been able to get 3dmark to finish its rounds before getting an error and closing. Anyone know why this might be happening? Also is there anything I can do in my bios that could help out? I use a DFI LANPARTY ULTRA-D and I am just lost with all those advanced bios setting, especially with the chipset ones. All help welcome, and thanks for reading.

check your drivers make sure there the latest. check your video card control panel u could have antialiasing always on lol it happen to me once before so u never know. and yes u should be scoring around 5000 because i score 4021 with a agp 6600gt as u already know i belive. defragment your hard drive scan for spyware scan for virusses reformatt lol try and turn fast writes on if there already on turn them off. u do this in your bios

Tried it without tray and got 3983 so I guess that wasn't it.......I got cat driver 5.9, and last I used 3dmark I had the cat tray closed and seeing as this is just the demo of 3dmark I don't see how anti-aliasing could be on. I don't think its a virus because I scan frequently with Avast for viruses and then I have a few spyware scanners. As for degrag I will try that but I've had that score even when I first had windows put on, and this is actually the second time I had windows installed. I got about the same score last time I installed windows.......And that thing you said about changing in the bios, I will look into that. Thx for the advice, and I hope it will help. One last thing though, what is fast writes?

I couldn't find fast writes in the bios...........Is there a good guide out there that can help me understand bios a little bit better?

Is there a good guide out there that can help me understand bios a little bit better?
Your manual.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823&highlight=startup+vid

that mainly applies to overclocking but I believe it still covers all the options...

Fast writes was generally on AGP's and since you're PCI-E I'm not even sure if that BIOS option is available offhand...course I've never really bothered with it, so don't quote me on that.

I found the problem! The antialiasing was on afterall, I thought closing the cat driver in the tray would turn it off completely but it didn't. I ended up going back and tuning everything towards performance and didn't close it. I feel so stupid......But at least I got it figured out. I got 4933 in the test, with a bunch of background programs running which I will turn those off and try again since I find that when I turn those off I get a better score. Thx for the help guys, and thx for the link nubius, I will try to use that to better understand, oh hell I think I will go as far as to OC even using that guide.

yup, it's one of the many things I have bookmarked....definitely a good guide, long as hell but it's because it's thorough as hell too.

yeaaaah, don't worry dude, turns out you're not that crazy in the head....I finally got my RAM back from the manufacturer and so I'm back with 1gb and running at 250MHz opposed to 512mb running at 178MHz....so I decided to run 3dmark03 to get my score...and it was 1000 points below what it was when my graphics card was clocked LOWER than it was.....turns out, SOMEHOW and I truly don't know how as I've never altered it...the anisotropic filtering was set to 8x instead of application controlled.....changed it back to application and ran a cool 13,327 :D

If it wasn't for this thread I might not have thought to check that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom