HELP me to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rommy_tqt

Baseband Member
Ok, so i know i should not overclock using guides because not all cpus are the same etc. HOWEVER, if you guys could help me come up with a guide for a small to moderate overclock

MY Spec:

E6850 Standard Heatsink
Gigabyte P35-DS3P
2GB 800mhz Corsair PC6400
Asus 8800GTS 320MB PCIe
160Mb SataII

I'd like to get to about 3.3Ghz (or thereabouts) and then i guess i'll do the rest on my own.

If you can refer to the P35-DS3P bios step by step terminology that'd help a lot because i newb in this thing.

do i touch the voltage?
what multiplier do i use?
what settings do i disable/enable?
etc.

Thank u very much

Ok, so i know i should not overclock using guides because not all cpus are the same etc. HOWEVER, if you guys could help me come up with a guide for a small to moderate overclock

MY Spec:

E6850 Standard Heatsink
Gigabyte P35-DS3P
2GB 800mhz Corsair PC6400
Asus 8800GTS 320MB PCIe
160Mb SataII

I'd like to get to about 3.3Ghz (or thereabouts) and then i guess i'll do the rest on my own.

If you can refer to the P35-DS3P bios step by step terminology that'd help a lot because i newb in this thing.

do i touch the voltage?
what multiplier do i use?
what settings do i disable/enable?
etc.

Thank u very much

E6850...........

try 9 multiplier and 366 FSB, underclock RAM at 677MHz with timings lower than the MAX timings for ur RAM.

Voltage at 1.35Volts for CPU and 2.0 Volts on RAM

personally i wouldnt overclock with "standard" anything. heat is the best way to kill a cpu. just a suggestion but before you oc get yourself a good fan ans hs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom