help me mod my setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
This is my setup
MSI 975x Patinum (im going to switch to an Abit FP-AW9D board when it comes out)
Intel E6600
2x1gb OCZ Platinum DDR2 800
Antec Truepower Trio 650 watt
ATI 9250 (getting an x1900xtx soon)

and im getting this case...
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=144008

so im really getting into modding and i had a few ideas

i want to take the heatspreaders off my ram and paint them red, if anyone has any experience please comment on how it went

paint my psu black and use a stencil to put a bad *** gambit symbol on it (im a hugr gambit fan) also if anyone has any experience comment back

does anyone else have any good ideas on what to mod? i want to keep my red and black color scheme

thanks in advanced and sry for the novel lol

I dont know if painting the heat spreaders would affect cooling, I guss it would depend on the paint you use. Also for that case you could do a little 80mm blowhole on the top, or a CD drive bay mod, ect.

For the cd drive bay mod I remember seeing some worklog of it, but I'll just explain the basics. take off a 5inch bay cover and cut out a stencil (your online handle, design, ect.) and then dremel it out of the drive bay cover. then mount a (red?) cold cathode or even a LED array behind the cd drive cover, and you should get a good looking mod.

fzk said:
I dont know if painting the heat spreaders would affect cooling, I guss it would depend on the paint you use. Also for that case you could do a little 80mm blowhole on the top, or a CD drive bay mod, ect.

For the cd drive bay mod I remember seeing some worklog of it, but I'll just explain the basics. take off a 5inch bay cover and cut out a stencil (your online handle, design, ect.) and then dremel it out of the drive bay cover. then mount a (red?) cold cathode or even a LED array behind the cd drive cover, and you should get a good looking mod.

lol of course red paint will drop your temps by 10 degrees!!!! lol j/k it looks cool i guess......

and when did he say anything about a CD drive bay??

as for the PSU.......yea just take it out.....tape up the slots so u dont get paint in it and spray it black.....with the stencil in a different color.....should look great....
post pics when u are done.

He did ask for other mods he could do ;)

but now that i take a closer look @ that case I dont know if the CD drivers show from the outside at all. But it was a good looking mod on my home server :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom