Help me hit 4ghz :D (E8400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a 3ghz chip, 4 ghz is an easy overclock for it.

I was running a 1200mhz overclock on my e6600 for about a year...

How does the workload change on the pump according to loop order? As long as the res or t-line feeds the pump inlet IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE ON ORDER.

I'll say it again, LOOP ORDER DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Basically put the loop into your case however it fits with the best tubing routing.

Whether the water goes through the radiator right before or right after the cpu it still winds up dissipating the same amount of heat.

Its called Gravity? Water is not weightless so if the bulk of the water IE Reservoir is above the pump. Gravity will help the pump. So loop order does make a differance. If you are using a glass Impinger set the loop order will mater as well. Because It will not flow if you set it up wrong. Water cooling a PC is simple and small scale crap compared to what I did with TVA but you can have a loop with major temp differance on hot and cold side. You can cool water down from 85 degrees C to around 30 C and back up to 85 or 90 again in one loop and keep it going like that. I have done it.

Anyways getting off topic. sorry man Like Aspire said though you are not OCing much so just watch your temp you should be good to go.

Its called Gravity? Water is not weightless so if the bulk of the water IE Reservoir is above the pump. Gravity will help the pump. So loop order does make a differance.

Like I said in my post. As long as the t-line or res feeds the pump nothing else makes a difference. And note that while gravity may help feed the pump, it also hinders the pump in pushing the water back up. This is not a one way system.

Water cooling a PC is simple and small scale crap compared to what I did with TVA but you can have a loop with major temp differance on hot and cold side. You can cool water down from 85 degrees C to around 30 C and back up to 85 or 90 again in one loop and keep it going like that. I have done it.

If your have water approaching anywhere near 85C in your loop, you are either completely saturating the loop, or your flow is so terrible that your getting hotspots.

Generally speaking water temperature is always going to be lower than core temps due to the flow of water.

Provided you maintain at least 1gpm through the loop you will not get hot spots.

If your talking about cooling a peltier then that's a completely different situation.

Its called Gravity? Water is not weightless so if the bulk of the water IE Reservoir is above the pump. Gravity will help the pump. So loop order does make a differance. If you are using a glass Impinger set the loop order will mater as well. Because It will not flow if you set it up wrong. Water cooling a PC is simple and small scale crap compared to what I did with TVA but you can have a loop with major temp differance on hot and cold side. You can cool water down from 85 degrees C to around 30 C and back up to 85 or 90 again in one loop and keep it going like that. I have done it.

Anyways getting off topic. sorry man Like Aspire said though you are not OCing much so just watch your temp you should be good to go.

i suggest you try to stop proving aspire wrong since hes the WC guru around here

On topic : 4ghz should be easy, why dont you try going to 4ghz and see what your temps are? it could be a sensor reading wrong on your current temperatures, and after you OC to 4ghz if the temps are fine, leave it ;p

Like I said in my post. As long as the t-line or res feeds the pump nothing else makes a difference. And note that while gravity may help feed the pump, it also hinders the pump in pushing the water back up. This is not a one way system.

If your have water approaching anywhere near 85C in your loop, you are either completely saturating the loop, or your flow is so terrible that your getting hotspots.

Generally speaking water temperature is always going to be lower than core temps due to the flow of water.

Provided you maintain at least 1gpm through the loop you will not get hot spots.

If your talking about cooling a peltier then that's a completely different situation.

Nah not that, we were cooling a probe in a 750 degree duct. Simple really, water, good pump impingers and lots of ice. Big large scale stuff I have done for years, it the small low temp stuff I have not that much XP with. I have water cooled things that run anywhere from 3000 degrees to 3 to 4 hundred dregees. It has to be cooled for the equipment to get readings.

So you got your replacement chip?

I noticed the words "Crucial Ballistix"

Can you take a picture of both sides of the RAM with the heat spreaders off? I'm thinking you got the one-sided sticks

Ok, I am not trying to prove you wrong or anything man. I am not even trying to argue, but think for a sec. 2 liters of fluid setting 10 cm above the pump. So the tube comes out the bottom and is 12 cm long holding what about 20 ml of fluid? Another line from pump to CPU 12 cm or so and another about 12 cm from CPU back to the top of the Res of 2L. That is only 60 ml of fluid outside the 2L res. Its Hydraulics my dear Aspire Hydraulics.

Well I don't even use a res and most reservoirs you see in a pc water cooling setup are going to be in the quarter to half liter size.

My t-line is about a foot long and makes the whole argument moot.

SO, i cleaned up the thermal paste and just added a tiny bit, idling 38c now. Also added 2 more gb of ram. SO, im going to up the cpu voltage to 1.3v, HT 1.4, NB 1.4v, SB auto? FSB will be 1777. ill edit this after I see if im stable.

well i hit 4ghz with 1777 fsb, unlinked so ram was 888mhz. 1.42v HT, 1.42 NB, SB 1.5v. Vcore 1.34v. Ram is 2-2-2-12 2 clocks, 2.0v like its supposed to be. Im idling 40c. With 1.3v vcore i could only run OCCT for a few seconds then the pc locked up. About to run it again, ill let u guys know. OK, looks like im stable here so far, but the cpu got up to 61c according to asus probe II, just at 61c for only a few seconds though. Averaging about 57c load here.
*UPDATE* FAIL!!! lol froze up again. Any guidance here guys? Im scared of that 61c...
4ghz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom