Help me get a measily 2.6 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I have tried everything I can think of to get from the original 2.4 GHz to 2.6 GHz and she's not wanting to cooperate. I really can't go much further than 2.52 GHz.

The 2.52 GHz is with the multiplier at 12, the HTT at 210, and the RAM indexing at 200 MHz (1:1)

I have tried changing the multiplier to 11, the HTT to 235 and the RAM indexing at 166 MHz. I run PRIME95 and on the first test I get an error that says something was 0.5 and was expected to be 0.4 or less.

So, I upped the voltage on the CPU and it still had the error. Next, I raised the voltage on the RAM and still had the error.

Then, I tried changing the multiplier to 10, the HTT to 260 and the RAM indexing to 133 MHz. Got the same error before and after raising voltages.

Is my power supply to blame or do I just have a crappy overclocker? I know the RAM won't OC work a crap because it's value RAM, which is why I had to change the ratios (indexing in my BIOS). By the way, it's a ClawHammer core, but I've seen 2.9 GHz out of a ClawHammer.

you'd have to get a multimeter to accurately check your +12v rail which is what would be effecting your CPU's overclock.

Try upping the chipset and LDT voltage by .2 which should bring the chipset to 1.7 and the LDT to 1.5 I believe......if you're afraid to try that then just try .1 on each. Mine is up by .2 which I did basically right away. Your RAM shouldn't be any higher than 2.8 especially if you're using a divider and not going above 200MHz..

beyond all that dude it could simply be you got a bunk CPU as far as overclocking goes.

Just because you've seen 2.9 out of a clawhammer doesn't mean you'll get it, just like I've seen 3GHz out of a venice but mine won't go past 2.575GHz even on water.

My BIOS doesn't support chipset voltage adjustments. :(

I realize I will probably get nowhere near 2.9 GHz, but I figured another 200 MHz (2.6 GHz) would be reachable. I will be buying an Antec PSU and probably going from there to see if that's my problem.

you should put the kind of motherboard you have in your sig. That is after all an important piece of your hardware. If you've got a crappy motherboard then of course that'll limit you as well.

if your BIOS doesnt have additional voltage adjustments, your board may not be designed to OC very far. Be happy with the OC you have...there's not reason to stress your components to get to 2.6GHz. You wouldn't notice the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom