help me get athlon 4200 duel core to 2.5ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi guys i recently bought the comp in my sig im having a lot of trouble getting this thing to overclock,im curently using ai booster and running at 2420 at 220 fsb x 11,ive tried overclocking manualy and just cant get past this without errors in prime95,if i try to set it to 225 or even 230 im getting an rounding error in p95 almost instantly,soi up the voltage on ram and cpu which gets rid of the rounding error but then gives me a hardware failure message,id realy like to get this baby too 2500,any help much apreciated thanks in advance mlr

you think thats all it is cos it seems the more i raise voltage the more erors i get it just doesent seem to like high voltage this

I say its more your motherboard then the chip. Asus isn't exactley made for overclocking. Go with a DFi Lanparty motherboard for that.

ok ive tried everything to get this baby to 2.5 but to no avail,im a little ****ed cos ive only had this mb 4 weeks,so ive just ordered a dfi lanparty cos after a reading a few posts this board isnt the best for overclocking,ill have to see how i go with that

YEs you should raise the voltage so that thing goes away thart should helo everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom