Help me finish my water cooling system please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So I have everything for my computer but a waterblock and a friggen pump, once I get these I can assemble it and start the OCing. Money is a wee tight, but i really have not cap amount in mind yet. I need your recommendations for a good pump. It has to have a very powerful head, and obviously, the smallest heat dump possible. I was just at danger den, and, to be honest, I didnt dig any of their pumps. Suugestions?

Get the Dangerden D5 pump, about 75 bucks and nice flow with little heat production. If you have the money you can't go wrong with an iwaki.

Brass top TDX is your best bet, unless you think your pump is strong enough for the RBX.

I thought at XS Him you were set on getting an Iwaki.....maxxx swears those have less heat dump than the D4's because he 'did his own tests' but I don't know the validity of that only because it's a much more powerful pump and motor within it....not only that but you'd need some expensive ass sensitive hardware to truly test 'heat dump' from the incoming water and then once it leaves the pump.

I did notice however during leak testing, since only the pump was running the blocks were getting warm, but that's just warm water being recycled over and over.

Good iwaki pump will be $175 though, that's the insanely powerful 21ft of head that Maxxx has I believe....

2nd to that is the D5 pump which is same as D4 but quieter basically.

D5 + TDX block is a very common and successful combination in terms of performance.....the RBX even when used with a strong pump like the iwaki will perform only SLIGHTLY better than the TDX and we're talking like maybe .5C so considering the hassle of 3 barbs I'd say it's not really worth it.

Can't go wrong with D5 and TDX IMO

Over at XS I also said that I had an excess of money. I did, until I found out how much my books are going to cost me for school. Sets me back saome serious dough, as well peices. I dont think I will be able to affford my G Skill LA's now (I'm rather depressed about that, and they are all I want) and I cannot afford a $175 Iwaki anymore either. this is a huge dent in my plans.

I was a;ready set on the brass top TDX, the RBX just isnt worth buying the more powerful pump for. Like Nubius said, only about .5C decrease I will get. Simply not worth the extra money. I'm thinking the D5 pump than, un less I can maybe get an Iwaki for less than $175. I'll hunt around today. I'm going to go with a T line instead of a resevoir, money reasons and it looks cooler. But will not having a resevoir be detrimental? Instead of having one in the system as an active peice, would that be beneficial? Or does it not matter? I guess it would only be another erestriction, but it is also another place for the watrer to swirl around and dissipate some heat. I found a really cool resevoirs that goes in place of your side case Window. Be nice, lots of surface area be good for cooling off the water a little bit. Every little bit counts.

So now I feel I am going to settle with the OCZ Plat Rewv 2's, and the D5 pump. Thats depressing, I really wanted those other peices. Who knows, there may be hope for me yet...

www.cooltechnica.com

Cheap site, cheap shipping, good stuff. I found my pump there. i cant exactly afford an Iwaki, but, through recommendation over at XS, I'm getting the AquaXtreme 50Z. I was told that this is what to get if you cannot afford an Iwaki. Apparently it rivals the D4 in performance, and is cheaper. $75, not too bad. Only $5 to ship! I also got a T line, ad that only cost $1.50 to ship! I tell ya, I've been searching for a T line that didnt cost me $9 to ship, and thus far I have been unsuccessful, until I found this site. Thinking about getting a res as well, but i think that will wait. As soon as these come in, I can start building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom