Help with Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00dwheresmycar

Baseband Member
Ok Im planning on selling my old system to get a new one and this is what Im Planning to get

Case: Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BNA
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 4400+ @ 2.2 GHz
Power Supply: 510 Watt SLI Based Power Supply
Memory: OCZ Titanium 2 GB Dual-Channel RAM (PC 3200)
Hard Drive: x2 74GB 10,000 RPM Raptors RAID 0
CD/DVD Drives: Plextor 16X DVD Burner, 48X CD-RW CD ROM
Video Card: NVidia 7800GT 256MB SLI with new copy of Quake 4

I really dont know nothing about liquid cooling and LED Lights and stuff, do you guys have something that will be able to cool my system off and make it good for overclocking but at the same time with some Blue LED lights inside. I really have no idea how to install liquid cooling

I'm redirecting this to a different forum where you can find a watercooling guide...read that and then ask any questions you may have

thanks

d00dwheresmycar said:
Ok Im planning on selling my old system to get a new one and this is what Im Planning to get

I really dont know nothing about liquid cooling and LED Lights and stuff, do you guys have something that will be able to cool my system off and make it good for overclocking but at the same time with some Blue LED lights inside. I really have no idea how to install liquid cooling

first off, terrible case it has a lot of problems installing power supplies; second, i wouldnt reccomend SLI for varius reasons you can check out the sticky (here:http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=79791)
And which company PSU are you getting? you've got good ram planned and good HDDs but be prepared for noise, i've got one of those and its loud. just get a single 512MB geforce 7800GTX. and if you have no idea how to liquid cool, join xtremesystems forums. IF you do'nt know how to install liquid cooling you can't just figure it out its not easy.

I agree with everything guitar said but I myself think you should drop the x2.. Have you looked @ any gaming benchmarks for x2's?
let me grab you some
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2410&p=7

That shows you that an x2 4200 is EXACTLY the same in games as a fx55.. im at fx55 speeds right now with my 3200+. Do not waste your money.. Wait until there are programs to use the extra core..

Just because you can do something doesnt mean you should.....

I will stick with the X2 for future games. But if you mean with what you said you are getting 2x Vcards than don't, it is a waste of money.

Anyway, the Zalman aeroflower will be my choice of heatsink. Concentrate on getting the PC working first, and replenish your money, and then you can go mad with water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom