Help! Identify this connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rye_eggos

Beta member
Modding an inspiron 6000 laptop into a tablet - making a custom aluminum case and having a lot of fun with it so far.

One of the few issues that I've run into is the connection of the power button board (LS-2152) to the motherboard. To mod this into a tablet I have to move the power switch - and to do that I have to find another way to connect it - but the plug on the board is a connection that I haven't seen before and can't identify via searching the web.

The plug is soldered directly on the power switch board so there's no way to change the position of the board unless I can find a m/f wire of the same type (or get into soldering).

Sorry I have no pictures, will try to post some later.

Here's what the little connection looks like though:

10 pins: 2x5. 7mm x 3mm.

Connects power switch & 5 LED lights directly into mobo.

Here - is a picture of the power button board.

Well I would expect 12 pins and each led to be its own circuit if you are working with 5 led's that signify different functions. The power switch will be an instaneous switch the circuit will only need to be on for a few ms. Until I see pics I can't help and you will need to solder somewhere down the line. Its not hard to solder but it takes time to do it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom