Help with fan config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello all,

I recently did some upgrading to my PC and am looking for some suggestions on fan positions. (Exhaust/intake) I currently have my side panel off, but I'd like to put it back on to cut down on noise and dust inside the case. Side panel does NOT have a fan or any ventilation.

I have 2 rear 80mm fans set to intake that blow cool air onto my CPU. My PSU also has a big 120MM fan on it that blows cool air onto my CPU. I have a front fan set to intake as well. If I throw that side panel on, I'm guessing something needs to be an exhaust. Any suggestions appreciated. Aside from the lack of a fan on the side panel I like my case, can you purchase just a side panel with a blow hole? I'm considering trying to cut a hole in the side directly over my CPU and placing a fan there as intake.

Any thoughts appreciated!

The rear fans should be exhaust, as well as the PSU.

Doing that will give your case some flow-through, to remove the heat build-up.

And definately put your side panel back on.

Agreed with Trotter. Computers parts are designed to have airflow come from the bottom-front of the case and pass over the CPU towards the PSU and rear of the case.

And as for a side fan, it kinda depends where it is positioned. If it right over the CPU, then it should blow inwards. If it is below the vid card, then it should pull air out.

Yeah, put the rear fans and the PSU fan on exhaust. Since the PSU fan is at the top of your case, it could blow the rising hot air out. Then cut a hole in the side of your case for another intake fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom