help computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

barak_cherek

Beta member
System: AMD XP 1800+, Epox 8k3a m/b, 512 MB pc2100 ddr ram, Nvidia Geforce2, Netgear Network Card, 300W PSU

I recently installed a Thermaltake Volcano 11 on my computer. I also installed the thermal sensor that the fan uses to adjust its speed depending on the heat of the cpu. When I try to run the fan in that mode it beeps at me and shuts down. This is the exact same problem that the guy had in the article http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/Therm...00A/index5.html where he said he had to remove the cpu shim for better contact with theheatsink? What is a shim and what does the guy mean?

When I first started the system up I was just running the fan at full speed and not using the sensor and the computer ran fine not getting much over 50 deg C. When it failed the first couple of time on the sensor setting, i put it back to full speed and when the computer started it reported to me that the cpu clock or ratio programming had failed and I had to reset it. Is that as bad as I think or is the cpu/system just shutting down as it getting too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom