Help, COMP wont POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
I just built my new comp last night. I have an asus A8N-sli deluxe. I have 2 corsair XMS 512 memory modules ( not in the Quality Vendor List), a western digital raptor, a floopy, a temporary pci video card (until my 2 gt's come in on tuesday) and a dvd drive connected. Power lights all come on, but the thing wont post. I get nothing. I have disconnected everything and tried to boot and listen for the beep but nothing happens. Is it the memory? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

The beep is a signal that your computer has detected a working video card and output source, therefore I am thinking that your video card is the problem.

I think your right. I dropped it off at a local shop and one of the kids told me that the A8N-sli deluxe needs a pci express video card installed. I was using a simple pci card as I wait for my GT's. I think the thing was probably posting and I just couldn't see it because it was not detecting the regular pci graphics card. I am pissed now because I probably could have just baught a cheap pci express card and seen that the comp was posting. But they will check every componant for me etc. Though everything is brand new and there are almost no jumpers on that board. So if anyone out there knows for sure that the only kind of video card that MOBO will see is a pci-express version, please reply and confirm. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom