help with case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer141

Solid State Member
hello

ino ino i ask for to much help :p
but wat is the best way to cut a design in to an alimuniam side cover?? i wanna do some round designs aswell is it not possible??

and also wat paint to use coz i would of thought it would peal with the heat?

cheers guys

well, depending on how big you want the circles you can get "round saws" that go on the end of a drill, but you could also use a dremel.

For the paint, just use anything compataible with metal, sand down the case a little bit (just get rid of any shinyness (you dont have to go to the metal) and put a couple coats on it (dont forget to get some 1000 grit sand paper and lightly sand it between coats to get rid of inperfections)

ok guys i have started my case and is almost done. in the end i used a jigsaw lol yh an electric jig saw to cut in to my aluminium casing. i will post pictures as soon as it is done :D

i used metal pray paint lol :D... so if i sand it wont it scratch my casing??

as long as u used sufficient primer (self etching works best) your primary coats should be fine, as long as u wetsand after the paint cures (give it a week or two), have fun and good luck!

loool yh actually i will do soon :)... i aint had the time lately :(

ok ok ino its not amazing wat i have done lol... but i was abit worried it will go wrong lol so i have gone for little things hehe...
hopefully ill get pictures posted by 2moro :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom