Help! Cant Oc Video Card Anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

radguy

Baseband Member
I have a Geforce Fx 5200 and i was overclocking the core frequency to 300 (original is 250) and then one time out of nowhere if i click on the spacer to oc it goes to 100, and if i leave it alone it stays on 250...... is there a way to oc a vid card out of windows.. like in the bios?

what can i safely oc it to? its stock 250/333.. it allows me to oc it to 500/800 what is a safe spot for me

manufaturers usually leave a 10% margin for safety precaution. If you overclock it much, use a heatsink on your memory and a good fan on your GPU.
from your OC software, start increasing it by small steps, something like 5 or 10 MHz and then run a program like 3Dmark and check display for any corruption (white speck or other things that shouldn't be there). When you start seeing them, revert to the frequency where you didn't see them.
Do this sequentially for your GPU and then your memory. Note that as with everything else, the max OC frequency will vary from card to card and may shorten your card's life, specially if you do not cool it properly.
This technique takes some time but it is one safe way to find a stable OC frequency.
If you do a google search, you'll find several pages which will give you hints and OC results on this card.

w/e im using has an auto detec, and it brought it to 290 414 and that works awesomeley

u can go way higher.

by the sounds of things u got yourself an XFX kuz the memory is only 333mhz instead of 400mhz. for a 5200 memory should be at 400mhz but some manufactors put in slower mem to save money and u pay less. Also XFX makes the card have a 64bit bus instead of the 128bit, and that kills performace. If it is an XFX return it, its only marginally better than an GeForce 4 mx 440. TRUST ME ive tried it. Get the Radeon 9200 works wonderfully, and overclocks easy with stock cooling to 330/440 i got the memory at 445 stable too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom