HELP, Can't get overclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
I keep adjusting the fsb and multiplier in the bios. Have hypertransport set at 5. I'm at 230*10, prime95 sais that the speed is 2000ghz????. I am very confused. It is stock at 2.2 so I don't understand how rasing these numbers lowers my speed. HELP!!!

In the bios it shows speed at 2300 ??? Seems windows is downclocking somehow. It says low even when I turn off the ai booster/monitor that came with the board. Any ideas???

u might have cool and quite enables. but also the a8n is really buggy so rely on cpu-z mainly :)

Okay, the problem was my ram setting. Seems if I switched it to auto instead of ddr400, it will let the system overclock, but it then downclocks the ram to 100mhz. I am using cpu-z now, and switched things around. I'm now at:

240*10=2400
ddr333(166mhz)
ht=4(fsb=960)
cpuz sais my mem is @200mhz with 2-3-2-5.

When I had exact same settings but ht at 5, 3dmark06 would crash and system was not stable.

1)I am really new to overclocking but do I just keep trying to push up the cpu until it won't, then back down the mem(to ddr 266) and keep cranking the cpu?

2)The ddr (x) is my memory divider correct?

3)Even though my memory settting in bios is at ddr 333, the number in cpu-z is what the memory is actually running at, is it not? And shouldn't my memory be able to handle above 200mhz. And won't cpu-z show this number, or is it all just math? I have seen it listed as theoretical memory speed so I don't know if the value in cpu-z is valid.

4)Even when I clocked the cpu up to 2500, it did not score as well as on these settings but the mem was again clocking at 100.9 so I assume that is why.

ps. the cards are both at 538/831 via coolbits.

Thanks for answering any of these questions. I am basically trying different configurations then benching with 3dmark06, fear, and HL lost coast. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom