HELP! Building Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he should be fine if the PSU is fully functional. On my system below, I have a 350w PSU. It works fine and that is with a new CPU fan, plus an intake, and two exhaust fans. An he is still having the problem when just running the basic stuff. As Havoc said, try reseating the CPU. If this doesn't work, I would say that your mobo is DOA.

The 9800 itelf uses 300W of power and depending on what other stuff he has it may be too mcuh of a load.

That isnt possible, it need a 300watt power supply. It cant use 300watss. They dont use that much only like 50watts, but with everything thrown in that is why we have large power supplies.

I looked on ATI's site and found nothing about rated wattage for any vid cards...though I may be wrong, I can't imagine that a vid card would use 300W...can anyone back this up?

Shit, I could have sworn that it said it used 300W of power but that is only the recommended PSU that you will need.

Shit sorry guys for misleading you:mad: :mad: :mad:

THIS IS THE COMPUTER FROM HELL!!!

I remounted the CPU (thanks for the tip), and now I have constant power. But now, when I power up the PC, I have no video.

I know its not the video card, because it does the same thing with onboard video.

the hardware light is constantly on (no blinking, but solid), whether the computer is on or not.

All help is GREATLY appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom