help with 7600 gt gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
download rivatuner and overclock the card...just make sure the GPU temps stay below 80c or so

if that's 3dmark06 that sounds about right...not only is the 7600GT is a midrange/budget card..but it's getting a bit dated now as well....also the 3200+ CPU is pretty old school as well

Which games to you play and at what resolution do you play?

dang 80* seems kinda high for that card, bro.

dang 80* seems kinda high for that card, bro.

GPUs can run pretty hot without problems...I let my 7900GT get to 85c and its stock core slowdown threshold is 120c....(thank god it never gets THAT hot though)

Besides...the 7600GT runs quite cool anyway...he'll probably hit the max overclock on stock voltage way before he hits the temperature limits.

80C is fine for a 7600GT.

2.7k in 06 is a fine score for a 7600GT, my brother's X1650XT with a P4 3.2 gets 3k.

I'd rather get a core2duo and have 2 full gigs of ram.
After getting all these parts, will I have to buy a bigger case.

i used riva tuner to overclock my card, i think i oc'd it too much because the whole screen got glitchy, i restarted and everything is fine now. But is there an easier way to find out the exact temp of my card so If it goes over 80 i know when to stop. And for over clocking, is their like a certain way to do it?
They were 2 bars available. Im not sure which one is more effective.

ATI Tool monitors the graphic card's temperature, very well. So does Everest. For overclocking the graphic card, I would first find the max overclock for the core. After finding it's max, I then proceed to overclock the memory, and find it's max.

how do I find its max? should i stop and go back when it starts getting glitchy?
And since i play COJ, what settings would be recommended. I bought the logitech MX3000, but im not satisfied with the mouse. It movement is bad its not smooth enough. I do not use a mouse pad and im wondering if thats the case, the surface I use it on is wooden with no rough edges though. Theres alot of different settings I could play around with for the mouse which im unfamiliar with so If I could get some help with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom