Help - 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
1. My pc randomly started shuting down a few minutes ago, it did it twice. Any thoughts?

2. What is CPU Thermal(I think thermal....)Throttling in the BIOS? It's at 50%. Does it have anything to do with how much ghz my cpu is putting out? like, if my cpu is 2 ghz and throttling is at 50%, will it only run 1ghz?

Thermal Throttling is the process of the processor itslf downloanclocking itself if it gets too hot. And it usually keeps downclocking itself until it is cool enough to run stabily, usually no matter what the speed is (even if it is a few MHZ). I imagine that 50% means that is the most it will throttle down.

If it keeps shutting down, it may be overheating. What are your temps?

Temps
Motherboard - 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU - 38 °C (100 °F)
North Bridge - 44 °C (111 °F)
GPU - 43 °C (109 °F)
GPU Ambient - 38 °C (100 °F)

During gaming the gpu goes up considerably, around 55°C to 69°C in some cases. Northbridge, maybe to 49°C max. Cpu & Motherboard usually don't fluxuate more than a degree C or more. What are the ranges for the temps to be in between?

Also, one more question. I've been thinking about getting something to cool the cpu and something for the gpu. any suggestions? I've looked at the Zalman, which is frickin huge, and it is friggin' awsome. Zalman makes a 7700 for cpu, and a 700 for gfx card. Would a 700 for gfx card and a 7700 for cpu fit correctly?

EDIT: I also had my gfx card(6800gt) OCed a bit to 395 mhz/1.10 ghz. After the 2nd shut down I reverted back to stock. Think that would have anything to do with it?

Those are some damn good temps, nothign to worry about there.

The Zalman will work great, but I'm not sure if it will fit or not, you have to take some measurements yourself and compare them to the actual heatsink dimensions.

If your CPU temp dosent go up while you are gaming, I think there may be something wrong with your temp sensors, because your cpu temp ALWAYS goes up during gaming! Gaming is very intense for your computer, so it will push the cpu to it's limits whereby heating it up. And the fact that your north bridge is warmer than your CPU, thats weird.

I will run bf2 for a bit today, and have everest up in background, then alt tab out and take a peek to see temps then.

I think my north bridge is that temperature because my 6800gt ispretty much right on it, and the n bridge fan is sucking air down onto it, from the card.

I'll probably take some measurements today sometime. I need to game a bit with my clan. I've been messing with all types of shit today. cpu frequencies, gfx card frequencies, and im getting ready to set my ram to run at 2-2-2-5. Maybe even oc my cpu a bit. Nothing big.

What are temp ranges for all of those? Like, gfx card up to 70, cpu up to 55, etc... whatever temp ranges are.

EDIT: Also, what is DRAM Idle Timer? Is it true that 7 TRAS is best for nF4 and 1- TRAS for nF3? I just changed my timings and they are 2-2-2-5 ATM, but if 7tras is better for my nF4, then I can change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom