Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigg

Solid State Member
Hey, i just built this new computer, and I put a stick of pc3200 512 corsair ram, but when i start it up, on the award bios menu, it shows 256, whats up with this

You are being very vauge. PLease specs exactly what happens. Does this happen in windows and the bios.
Your ram may have not been seated right. Or ur ram has bad chips. I can only be non specific as u are evry non specific about ur problem

yea. U gotta be more specific. But im just gonna guess on this. But like maybe u got the wrong speed ram? im not sure since i never had this problem.

Okay, sorry about that.
I bought a fresh 512 stick of ram, put it into my computer, and started it up. When the bios first clicked it, it displayed 256 mb ram. When I check the system summary it shows that indeed I do have 512 mb ram installed. My question to you is just why would 256 be displaying in the bios.

2.8 HT Processor
512 pc 3200 ram
GeForce 5600XT

Okay, sorry about that.
I bought a fresh 512 stick of ram, put it into my computer, and started it up. When the bios first clicked it, it displayed 256 mb ram. When I check the system summary it shows that indeed I do have 512 mb ram installed. My question to you is just why would 256 be displaying in the bios, but not in the system summary?

2.8 HT Processor
512 pc 3200 ram
GeForce 5600XT

Sounds like a mobo problem. Nice ram choosing though. I would say it would be a speed problem, but if it is registering as 512 in OS and 256 in bios, then it would most likely be the mobo. What mobo do you have? Model name if possible too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom