Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

..>Lost<..

Baseband Member
I would just like to say hello to everyone here, as you can see I am new here and this is my first post. I ran across this site a little while back and it's a good place. I am building my first pc and actually put half of it together today and should get the rest in the morning if fed ex is on time. Maybe a few of you could give me your opinions on what I got. Please keep in mind this was bought on a tight budget. Also I got it all from newegg as they seemed to be the cheapest I found.

Case

Cd for starters

Mobo

Keyboard, Mouse

Floppy

Video Card

memory

Cpu

HD

i woulda suggested buy an AMd processor to save money (you coulda got a 3000+ proc for 100 less than what you paid) and then put that extra money toward a better video card. Then again... I recommend Athlons to everyone who is not looking to buy a P4EE ... why? because the price to performance ratio is much better than the intel processors.

For a Intel system, its very cost efficient. Let us know if you hit any snags. Have fun with it!

With a motherboard like that you should get 2x 256 mb sticks of memory and utilize the dual channel capabilities of the mobo. Also look at other memory companies, Kingsotn is known for high prices. Get a better video card. I would say just stick with ATI and get that card with 256 mb memory. I suggest that you get more power than that. Try this case with this address. My friend has it and it is quite good, and the cse you chose does not have the best setup of cooling fans. Do you really need a floopy drive? Get a different motherboard, the one you chose has integrated graphics, look for the board without this on it.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-003&depa=1

man!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my stuff today and couldnt wait to put the rest in. i dropped in the cpu and put the hd in hooked it and the floppy up then went for the cpu fan. I got the clips on and then went to lock it down on each side......got one, now the next......snap!!!!! The heat sink blades were caught on the fan brace on the motherboard! Damn it man! now I gotta go get a NEW CPU FAN and wait even longer. Man I need to learn to slow down. This sucks!:mad:

??? how were the heat sink.....wha???

dude how did you break the cpu fan??
im sure its something you can jery-rig

Its all good now!!! i got a zalman cpu cooler today and the arctic silver paste. plus i added a 120mm fan in the rear. I think that my power supply is not big enough. The 120 fan has led's as do both of the 80mm and the 120 fan leds seem to fade or blink a little and it kind or goes with the hard drive activity.... humm anyways.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom