Heatsink vs Liquid Cooling System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBooCakes

Baseband Member
I just recently got an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, Biostar TP45 HP Intel P45 Chipset Mainboard w/ Gigabit LAN, 8GB DDR2-800, 1TB SATA II 3.0 Gb/s 7200 RPM, Blu-Ray ROM, DVDRW, ATI Radeon HD4850, Apevia-X-SniperG-AL 20x8x17 (LxWxH) Case w/ 1000W computer. It's my first gaming computer, and I'm a noob at this whole "Customizing Your Gaming PC" thing. Everyone keeps telling me I should change the stock Intel CPU fan. But I dont know which is better for my computer, a Heatsink Fan or a Liquid Cooling System.

The Heatsink I'm interested in is the ThermalTake DUorb
and
The Liquid Cooling System I'm interested in is the ThermalTake Big Water 760i​

Also I wanted to know the benefits of overclocking? My friends tell me about it but I have no idea what good it will do. Once again I apologize, I'm a noob at this =[

i dont think the duorb is for the processor, seems to be a vga cooler
but ofcourse liquid would be more effecient in cooling and overclocking. and they are not as noisy, well most.

id get a corecontact cooler, most of the big and popular brands will have nice ones

and overclocking is by far simpler than you think
i was a noob and now im ocing too. just do some research

your system looks real nice btw

Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1284EE 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

and air cooling is fine if you just want a mild overclock. water cooling is more serious though both have their advantages

The duo orb comes in a vga and cpu version.

Liquid cooling is more efficient but its also a lot harder to setup and shouldint be attempted by a newbie.

The core contact cooler is ok but i personally dont like it as it feels cheaply made....i prefer the xigmatek rifle series much more.

whoever sold you that pc, had you

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz, (great chip)
Biostar TP45 HP Intel P45
8GB DDR2-800, (this is where they had you, 4gb is fine)
1TB SATA II 3.0 Gb/s 7200 RPM,
Blu-Ray ROM,
DVDRW,
ATI Radeon HD4850,
Apevia-X-SniperG-AL 20x8x17 (LxWxH) Case w/ 1000W computer.
cheap built case with cheap made psu if the psu is apevia.

this is just an opinion of mine, so dont take it the wrong way.

watercooling is not for everyone.
the only time i would recommend water cooling is for somebody with with a top-notch build, and expects to do some heavy overclocking.
i would call these people "pro's" in the pc world.

while the 4850 is a great video card, its not worth water cooling in my opinion, if you have this card, then its not worth water cooling your cpu either. i would rather spend that extra money that the water cooling unit would cost and apply it to upgrading your other hardware first.

water cooling does make things last longer....but how long do you actually want it to last? it will be outdated by the time it died even on air for the average user (this is what you are, and myself).

now if you were rocking 2x flagship cards with that cpu and you knew how to overclock and wanted to reach the maximum performance your pc could offer, then ya i would recomend water cooling.

otherwise, you would just get better performance using the money for better hardware over buying the water kit.

just my 2 cents. no bios included, as when the time comes for me to get water cooling, i will do so, but i dont think i am ready for it, nor do i need it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom