Heatsink Lapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

4W4K3

Daemon Poster
I just finished lapping my Heatsink and i was wondering if anyone else has done this alot? I lap everything pretty much in my case be it Video Card HSF, NB cooler, mosfet heatsinks...etc.

I noticed 0% drop in idle temps, i'm still runnin 28C in my Room. But i can't get it above 41C anymore even after 3 hrs of NFSU. It used to get up to 45C...so i would say after a few days of thermal "settling" i might be looking at a 4-5C drop in max load temps.

Anyone else see a big difference in idle temps after lapping, or just load temps? I wish i woulda taken pics, but i forgot:(

I lapped my SLK-900A heatsink, but since I hadn't used that heatsink before I did it I couldn't tell ya my previous temps =/

Plus I think I did a crappy job at it anyway and doubt I'll bother with it again :p

Nubius said:
I lapped my SLK-900A heatsink, but since I hadn't used that heatsink before I did it I couldn't tell ya my previous temps =/

Plus I think I did a crappy job at it anyway and doubt I'll bother with it again :p

i ruined my last pieces of waterproof sandpaper with this job so if i screwed it up i'd be without a PC for a few days lol. It wasn't a mirror finish, but none of mine ever are so no worries. MUCH better than out of the box, you could feel the machine marks with ur finger it was pretty bad.

Yeah I could feel the machine marks on mine SLK, and afterwords you couldnt, it definitely wasn't mirror, but it was a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom