Which heater core? (Water Cooling Radiator?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
OK, so I am set on the extra performance that a heater core provides, however, I really don't want to have to weld anything, or paint it, so, I found these two options that are both ready to use. They look almost the same, but there are small differences in apearance, so I was wondering which you think will be better. I have no knowledge of how water cooling works, except the radiator cools water which goes to the blocks. I know how to set it up and all, but just not what the radiator (heater core in this case) does.

So, here are the two heater cores. Price does NOT matter!
D-Tek Pro-120
Voyeurmods Heater Core

I really appreciate your help,

Yan Booth

Weapon core

pm the guy at xtremesystems

his cores are better than anything with a brand on it

I have already been down that road, they are too big, that is why I AM NOT ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS ON OTHER HEATER CORES, JUST ASKING FOR YOUR OPINION ON WHICH OF THE TWO I LINKED WOULD BE BETTER.

ARE WE CLEAR? Good!

ok......

anyways, i dont know really know anything about water cooling , but i think the first one is better

Either or, a radiator is a radiator. They all do the same thing, cool the water.

I am going with the first one, as D-Tek provides good shroud options!

Thanks anyhow...

Yan

Yeah, that seems like the best choice. Seeing neither of them have a fan, and the first one has a special fan option, the question answers itself. I really like the look of those, and I may follow suit buying one.

Yan, is your system OC'ed? It looks like you could do some serious damage to other people's ego's if you OCed that beast! Is that why you are getting the rad?

notice the part about future rig?

But, yeah I will OC it a good deal. Just not sure how to overclock, as my dell bios prevents any such fun.

I changed my mind from not OCing, to wanting to OC, I am going to try as hard as I can to get it up to 2.8, but I doubt that will be stable. But definately 2.4, or 2.6, I am pretty confident that that will work. Problem is, is that as I said, I don't know how to OC. I guess I would go for the RAM, CPU (duh), and the video card.

ONLY QUESTION ABOUT WCing THAT I HAVE, WILL THIS PUMP (AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12) BE ABLE TO SUPPORT THE VIDEO CARD, CPU, AND BIOS HEATSINKS?

Thanks!

Yan

PS- The fan isn't made specifically for the radiator, it is just a shiny 120mm fan. I am buying 4 120mm fan's, and I will be using two of those, probably either the chrome D-Tek, or a Logysyis (spelling...), and one of these sexy, quiet beasts: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835129243 They also come in different colors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom