Heat problems....maybe???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
I have my Q9450 overclocked to 3.6Ghz, with a Vcore of around 1.25 and Everest/coretemp are telling me that my CPU is around 43C, but my individual cores are around 57C, 51C, 51C, 52C. Are these temperatures ok? I thought the cores should idle around 40C when idle, not 50-55??? I am using the Xigamatek Rifle 120mm with MX-2.

You could try reseating the heatsink with some fresh paste. Make sure the bottom of the xigmatek cooler is covered with a thin layer of paste as this cooler requires a bit more than normal due to the construction of the bottom.

Load temps are what are more important though, if your load temps are under 65c or so then I wouldn't worry.

Yes I set the BIOS to tell every fan to spin at 100%, I have no clue why it is not cooling down the CPU to around 40C, I have checked everything, I am about to get a new case to see if that will help, I am getting sick of this CM Stacker 830, I am looking at getting the Antec Twelve Hundred.

Yes I set the BIOS to tell every fan to spin at 100%, I have no clue why it is not cooling down the CPU to around 40C, I have checked everything, I am about to get a new case to see if that will help, I am getting sick of this CM Stacker 830, I am looking at getting the Antec Twelve Hundred.

i dont think its your case... maybe your fan positioning do you have significant intake and exhaust fans? feel the holes where your fans are

the fans in the front of the case should be intaking cool air as well as the side. the top and back of the case should be exhaust fans. also try making the front exhaust and the side all intake. and top and back left as exhaust too.

airflow is key. the cm stacker has it. it may be the way your fans are layed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom