Heat Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Exclamation Heat Problems

Hey guys, I just built my new computer and I've noticed that my CPU and GPU are getting pretty hot...here's my computer stats

Motherboard- Nvidia NF680i SLI
RAM- 4Gigs
CPU-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
Graphics Card- Nvidia GeForce 8800 GS Superclocked Edition (EVGA)
HDD- 400GB 7200 RPM 3.0 GHz/s
Power Supply- 650W Antec Trio

Ok, my CPU idles anywhere from 47°C to 50°C and my GPU is idling at anywhere from 47°C to 50°C. While in-game (CoD4 etc...) my CPU stays at 60°C and my GPU goes to 70-74°C...my question is...With my specs are these temperatures too high? If so please tell me how I can improve them...I noticed that my GPU's fan is running at a default 25% so i downloaded RivaTuner and set it to 75%...the above temperatures is what it runs at with 75% fan power.

NOTE- I'm using the STOCK heatsink that was provided with the CPU...would this have any affect on the heat?
NOTE 2- I haven't had any weird flashes on my screen or blue screens or anything yet, but i just built this computer 2 days ago...I'm worried that something might happen.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Heat Problems

Old 11-12-2007, 06:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to zerodayATK
Default Re: Heat Problems

stock cooling is holding you back... aftermarket cooling will keep it cooler...

as for worrying... if you are worried bring the clock down... but if you know what to do if something of that nature happens then no worries..!

Closed Thread