heat problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had this problem with my 2600+ also,I got a better case with side fan that blows straight at the mobo and a copper cpu heatsink which will keep your cpu at a more constant temp,it wont spike as much that is

My side fans came installed as exhaust opposed to the normal standard of intake...but with my case mod coming out, it'll prove beneficial to my needs. :D Still kinda weird that it'd come as an exhaust though...but it also came with no rear fan so who knows.

EDIT:
my 2400+ sits at 39! Urs seems a lil high no nubius?

Yeah I know =/ I've done tons of research and most people said they are in the 40's so I don't know what the deal is with mine. What kind of cooling do you have? Keep in mind I had stock heatsink and fan...just for something to do I exchanged it with the coolermaster jet heatsink (which I lapped) but put the tornado fan on it and have the jet as my rear intake lol. I'm sitting at 50C right now with the tornado on half speed. It'll go to 48C at full speed....but yeah I don't know man...I guess I was unlucky and got a hotter burning CPU or somethin.....I'm lookin to get a new motherboard and the 35w 2400+ XP-M possibly next month though and try a little OC'in....should have cooler temps after my case mod project I got planning though. Gonna have lots of air movin through it.

Still though. I'd like to know what kind of cooling setup you got goin U-Toast. How many fans and where, whether they are exhaust or intake...wether they are high performace fans..what kind of HSF you got. BTW I didn't want to use my AS5 when I did that heatsink exchange the other night..waiting for my SLK-900A to arrive for that :D just used generic compound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom