HD activity light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

In Runtime
My HD activity light does not seem to be lighting up when the HD is in use. I connected all of the cables up to the motherboard but nothing seems to happen. Could this possibly be due to me using a SATA HD and not an IDE HD? If so is there anyway to get the light to respond to activity on the SATA HD.

Info. on specs can be seen in sig. below,

Retro.

I usa SATA and my HD light works fine. Maybe the LED itself has finally died?

No its a brand new case, I think I might have to go and check my wires etc make sure they are all properly connected otherwise can anyone else suggest a possible cause for this?

Retro.

The connector could possibly be bad or its broken inside the plastic piece. Ive had the same prob before. BTW your sig is really fuzzy i can barely read it.

Nvidia fan boy said:
The connector could possibly be bad or its broken inside the plastic piece. Ive had the same prob before. BTW your sig is really fuzzy i can barely read it.

I will have a look and see if there is any damage. My sig. is crystal clear on mine.

Thanks for your help,

Retro.

yeah your sig is clear on mine too. Anyway all I can suggest is make 100% sure you connected the wire where it should be on the mobo, perhaps it's something as simple as the positive and negative got backwards so you just gotta flip the wire around and put it back on the pins where it was.

Hey,

problem fixed, turned out the positives and negatives were mixed up. Bad labelling by the case manufacturer which led me to make this mistake. Thanks for everyones input on this problem,

Retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom