Having some Coolbits difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
So I got my computer all up and running, and have been having some difficulties with my video card. I just downloaded Coolbits, because I'm missing some thigns on my NVidia desktop manager. Thing is, even before I downloaded Coolbits, I didnt have the NVidia menus when I went to my desktop menus. I ahd the newest drivers from NVidia, and I still didnt have the menus, so I download Coolbits. Now I dont have the OC tab on there, and I still cant check the temps on my vid card. Any ideas?

Thought you were the all knowing genius, what happened!?

evga 6600GT's seem to come default with the temp sensor disabled...so you need to go here and follow the instructions to enable it:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1945&st=0

if you scroll down a little bit, the guy does a short paragraph on how to get it done rather than clicking the link provided in the first post.

as for why your menus didn't show up even though you downloaded the latest drivers, dont know as I've never come across that problem myself personally....I'd use rivatuner instead of coolbits anyway as the temp monitor is better in terms of leaving it open while you do benches and it records it and whatnot

Nubius said:
Thought you were the all knowing genius, what happened!?

Your cynacism is not appreciated, so keep that part to yourself. Just looking for some help, no reason for you to be such a jackass. However your help is appreciated, so next time just keep that part in and leave the shithead parts out.

And I never stated I was the all knowing genius, ever. I did however state that I was the Wisdom Giver, and that does not even come close to insinuating that I am an all knowing genius, rather that I am a giver of wisdom. And because I dont know how to enable menus and overclock shyt like that, gives you the right to be so condascending? I'm sorry, I was too preoccupied with getting my DEGREE so I dont have to be old and living with my parents, no job, and no life. I have other things on my mind, I'm sorry your such an asshole.

Is there perhaps another way to enable the temp sensor without the BIOS tweaks? I had to buld my machine without a floppy drive, so that counts me out of making a floppy disk. I could make a bootable CD, but that program writes automatically to the disk and not a CD.

nah I believe you put 'all knowing god' in your custom title before.....

quit your little ranting as you try to act grown up and mature and you just bring yourself down a few knotches with that crap...I believe we're damn near the same age so there is no 'oldness' to me and if it wasn't the fact that I have to save up money for another 8 months before I can go to the school I want to attend I'd already be there son. If you're going to try and act like 'You're a man now and I'm in COLLEGE, getting my DEGREE' then you should be able to ignore something from a 'no life loser' like myself right.....

So in response to your actual question and ignoring your worthless ranting.

Is there perhaps another way to enable the temp sensor without the BIOS tweaks?
You can download the exact copy of your BIOS, generally from the manufacturers website and edit that one....then if you can manage to flash it using a CD then you'd be good to go since you won't have to worry about it actually trying to copy your original BIOS or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom