Have no Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schilling

Beta member
I've had a really bad computer for the past 3 years and I decided that I'm going to take matters into my own hands and just build my own. I have a few questions although, one can I use my old monitor and keyboard for a custom built computer? I'm sort of basing the computer on the syestem requirements of Battlefield 2 so about 2+ gb of ram which is about all my knowledge stops about computers, ha. I think I would be able to do this myself but when I looked at the computer parts at newegg.com there were voltages and some other things that were confusing me. Any help would be really appreciated.

My budget is about 1,200 to 1,500 dollars but I don't need to spend all of it.

Edit: I'm not all that into sound so cheapo stuff will work there but graphics that might be different but the budget won't let much happen. One cd writable drive and one 3.5 floppy drive. I don't really know what kind of case for the pc I'm going to need for this and pretty much everything else is a big old blurr of computer parts to me.

Copy-and-paste. lol.
ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply-56
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Socket 939 Processor-146
Arctic SIlver Premium Photosynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5-8
CHAINTECH VNF4/Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard-80
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400-79
Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 ST380817AS 80GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive-62
NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A-41
Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2-92 (Do you need?)
eVGA 6600GT PCI-express-169
Rosewill RP550 ATX 550W Power Supply-57
Mitsumi USB2.0 Digital Card Reader/Writer W/FD INTERNAL, Model FA404A/404M-20

total $810. Get a better motherboard, followed by gfx card, followed by processor, followed by hard drive, followed by ram. Suggest first thing motherboard, i dk about better ones for without sli, if you want sli and is going to oc, get dfi, if not msi. GFX card is decent, but upgrade to 6800gt, $345 instead of $169. Hard drive, best price, i dk exactly $ per gb. Processor, 3700 San Diego if can squeeze in. RAM, maybe the 2GB you said.

Roger

Yea nice set up damasta55r But like you said GO for a better motherbord

DFI Nforce 4 BEst nforce 4 motherbord on the market great OC and performance abilites

I guess A Evga or Leadtek VIdeo card 6800GT or somthign more powerful

AMD 64 939 maker sure you get somthing 3000+ and above but make sure its venice or san diego core they run cool

and ram try OCZ or corsair and try and stick around 2-2-2 or somthing low everything eles is up in the air

Alright thanks so far i'll see what I find and if i think I want something i'll just post it in here. Btw I only need windows xp home edition nothing more special than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom